Corona Virus is taking over the world 100 at a time.
New Stories of this week
- New cases have arose in New Zealand and Bangladesh as the corona virus crisis rises.
2. A new voice is heard. For millions of Indians, Jasleen Bhalla is a familiar voice. The voiceover artist, who’s behind the coronavirus caller tune instructing Indians how to behave during the pandemic, has come to be known as India’s “corona voice”. For the past two-and-a-half months, it’s Ms Bhalla’s warm and soothing voice that millions of people hear when they make a telephone call. A voice actor for a decade now, she is also the voice of a private airline, one of India’s biggest telecom companies and the Delhi Metro’s airport service — it’s her voice that tells you what the next station is and whether the doors will open on the right or the left. But it’s the corona virus campaign that has brought her into the limelight.
3. Bosses at restaurants in UK such as pizza hut and Wagamama are losing workers day by day. The restaurants are now pleading the Prime Minister for help.
4. Ilhan Omar’s father dies with virus. Somali-born US congresswoman Ilhan Omar has announced the death of her father with Covid-19. Ms Omar and her father, Nur Mohamed, came to the US as refugees in 1995 during Somalia’s civil war. She is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress. “This is a time that we are all feeling despair and sorrow.”She says.
5. Deaths rise in India, Brazil, Pakistan, and Mexico.
These are the new stories for today. Thank you!